Oh. My. Goodness.
This recipe makes 4-6 servings, I may have eaten it in 2-3.
It’s THAT good. Or I’m that much of a little piggy. Either way, I could eat this every, single day.
This is the tempeh that I wish everyone would try first. Before the words ‘I don’t like tempeh’ come out of their mouths. This is tempeh! Soaked in a smoky, sweet pineapple marinade and baked in the juice. This tempeh comes out with in-your-face flavor and perfect texture.
Then you add mango. And spicy jalapeños. And all craziness ensues.
- 3/4 cup pineapple or orange juice
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce/tamari
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. minced red onion
- 8 oz. tempeh, sliced in 1/2 width wise and then into 1" chunks
- 4 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 fresh serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients and toss with tempeh cubes.
- Place in a glass baking dish and bake for 30 minutes until tender.
- Remove tempeh cubes and set aside.
- Pour remaining marinade into a sauce pot over medium heat.
- Whisk until slightly thick, about 5 minutes. Let cool while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- In a salad bowl, add together the napa cabbage, broccoli slaw, grated carrots, mint, scallions, pepper, mango, and tempeh.
- Toss with dressing and serve!