Creamy Cranberry Wrap
Happy Monday! Hope you all had an exciting weekend. I am completely in the Christmas mood now. I spent Saturday shopping with girlfriends in the morning and then my annual cookie exchange that evening. Yesterday I put on more holiday movies, recipe tested and wrapped presents.
I am always on the hunt for new lunch ideas. Since BL and I both pack our lunches (and sometimes dinner) daily, even favorite combinations can get boring quickly. I made this wrap last weekend after a very successful day of decorating our place for Christmas. Tart, creamy, filling, it was exactly what I wanted. Don’t like cranberry? Try mixing strawberry or cherry jam with cream cheese instead.
Mmmmm. I can’t get enough. I used this cranberry-cheese spread on pretty much everything last week. Toast, bagels, english muffins, apple slices, it’s the perfect way to enjoy a bit of holiday cheer almost every day.
Let’s get to it!
Start by making the cranberry spread. Mix 1 tbsp. cream cheese with 1 tbsp. cranberry sauce. Combine until no lumps of cream cheese still remain.
Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the Lavash wrap.
Place cooked tenders onto the cranberry spread.
Toss 1 cup mixed greens with 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp. olive oil. Add 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts and salt/pepper. Combine and place onto tenders.
Start slowly from the short end of the wrap and tightly roll.
- 1 Whole Wheat Lavash Bread
- 3 Chickenless tenders (like those from Gardein or Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tbsp. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. cranberry sauce
- 1 cup baby greens
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
- Combine cream cheese and cranberry sauce together. Spread onto lavash bread. Place 3 Chicken-less tenders onto the cranberry sauce.
- Toss greens with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt/pepper, and walnuts. Place onto wrap.
- Starting with the short side of the wrap, tightly roll. Slice in ½ and enjoy!
- Serves 1 as a meal, 2 as a “mini meal”