When summer is produce is at it’s peak, a salad pretty much makes itself. Add in some avocado and nothing else matters. As I mentioned in my previous salad post, any produce works, especially in season gems like tomato & white peaches.
While it looks simple, the flavor is anything but. Juicy tomatoes, sweet white peaches & buttery avocado meet spicy red onion and a bright lemon vinaigrette. Make 20 minutes or so ahead of time so the flavors have time to come together. While it’s delicious packed for lunch, I especially love it for a simple weeknight dinner. A crispy baguette, fresh boiled-corn, rose’… meet me on the porch.
Tomato, White Peach, and Avocado Salad
Use fresh, ripe produce and this salad pretty much makes itself!
- 1 white peach, chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, preferably heirloom, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thin (use a mandolin if you have one!)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. high quality extra virgin olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- Toss together the red onion and red wine vinegar and let sit while you chop the rest of the ingredients, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the onions and pat dry. Toss onions with tomato, peaches, lemon juice, olive oil, and pinch salt pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes to absorb the flavors. To serve, add 1/2 of the salad to each plate and top with chopped avocado.
Per salad, makes 3: 296 calories, 24.3g fat, 20g CHO, 8.3g fiber, 4g protein