Recipe Redux time! Sorry I was gone last month, but I am back and so excited for August’s theme: Raising the Bar on Food in a Jar.
I use my mason jars for just about everything: canning, leftovers, overnight oats, dressing shakers, on-the-go smoothie containers- you name it. I love that they are BPA free and if I lose a top, I can simply get another instead of throwing out the whole container.
To beat the heat, I have been making more and more no-cook desserts. Fresh berries with a dollop of this raw cheesecake filling is my favorite way to end the day. I can’t get enough of this cheesecake filling! If you make any part of this layered treat, it must, must be the filling! Raw, vegan, healthy , it tastes JUST like cheesecake.
Lately, I have been creating these snack parfaits to enjoy in the afternoon to tide me over until out late, summer dinners. I made a graham granola to add crunch but feel free to omit it for gluten-free folks and sub other fruits instead.
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Combine together the dry ingredients.
- Combine together the maple syrup/honey and coconut oil.
- Add the coconut oil mixture to the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Check every 15 minutes, stirring often, so that the granola doesn't burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend, until creamy and smooth. If it's too thick, add a little bit of water until you get the consistency that you want.
- Toss the balsamic vinegar with the strawberries. Let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Drain off excess liquid.
- Layer the granola, cheesecake, strawberries and repeat into mason jars.
- Add the lid, top and enjoy!
- Will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.
Want even more vegan deliciousness? This recipe has been added to Healthy Vegan Fridays