- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks Earth Balance buttery sticks
- 1 cup apricot marmalade
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Combine the flours, sugar, salt, baking powder, & oats into a large bowl.
- Dice the earth balance sticks and drop them into the bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, gently beat the butter into the flour mixture until a crumb forms.
- Press 1/2 of the oat mixture into an 8X8 square pan (either lightly sprayed or set with aluminum foil and then sprayed). Use your fingers or the back of a spoon to create an even layer.
- Combine the coconut, apricot marmalade and chopped apricots. Spread onto the oat layer.
- Press the rest of the oat mixture down onto the apricot layer and spread out until it covers the apricot layer.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven, let cool and cut into squares.
Recipe by Delicious Knowledge at http://delicious-knowledge.com/apricot-coconut-squares/