Recipe Redux: Zuppa Toscano
Recipe type: side dish, soup
- 3 tbsp. Earth Balance butter
- 1 package Soyrizo
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 10 oz. kale
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes (or less)
- 2 T vegetable base
- 1 3/4 quarts water
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Heat the EB butter in a soup-pan over medium-high heat.
- Once melted, add the chopped onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until onions are translucent and cooked down.
- Add the chorizo. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, stir in and continue to cook another 5 minutes until potatoes are slightly softened.
- Add the vegetable base, water, and reduce heat to low for 25 minutes until potatoes are cooked all the way through.
- Add the kale and cook another 2-3 minutes until kale is just wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cashew cream, recipe below.
- Cashew Cream: 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in water for at least 30 min., drained)
- Blend in a high powered blender/food processor until completely smooth about 2-3 minutes depending on power of your blender.
Recipe by Delicious Knowledge at http://delicious-knowledge.com/recipe-redux-zuppa-toscano/